El Segundo is a small coastline community equally renowned for its quaint, small town atmosphere as well as a thriving business environment that caters to some of the region’s most prestigious corporations. El Segundo is a very popular place to purchase a home due to the small town atmosphere, proximity to the beach, and award winning schools.
El Segundo is a fantastic place to call home with a unique small town feel, award winning schools and an ideal location that’s close to all that greater Los Angeles has to offer….without feeling too close.
Conveniently located just south of Los Angeles International Airport, adjacent to the Pacific Ocean, and quickly accessible to the 105 and 405 freeways, El Segundo is ideally situated between Los Angeles and the South Bay beach communities.El Segundo prides itself on its excellent schools, quality recreation programs, safe neighborhoods and unparalleled city services. It is also a haven for business, with 13 Fortune 500 companies and a diverse mix of aerospace firms, high-tech businesses, professional service outfits, fine restaurants and retailers.
Your online resource for El Segundo, California homes and real estate. Find your home in El Segundo with our simple
targeted home search or find all South Bay homes with our free MLS access. If you are looking to buy or sell a home or investment property in the area….we can help. Find out why Vista Sotheby’s International Realty should be your El Segundo Realtors®
- Imperial on the north
- Sepulveda on the east
- El Segundo Blvd on south
- Hyperion Sewage Plant on the west
- Rosecrans divides Manhattan Beach and El Segundo
El Segundo Information and History
- There are no other residential cities that are contiguous with El Segundo
- Residents have priority for recreational facilities within the city
- 2nd west coast refinery built for Chevron – City developed for workers of Chevron – 1st refinery was built up north. Name “El Segundo” stands for “the second” refinery Chevron built. Chevron has a park on the northeast corner of the refinery within the ground for employees to enjoy.
- El Segundo Unfied Schools – View El Segundo Schools
- Two Elementary – Center Street and Richmond
- One Middle School – El Segundo Middle School
- One high school – El Segundo High School
- One new private school – Vista Mar – within El Segundo city limits (eastern side of PCH within the Wiseburn
City School District
- Along Imperial majority are apartments / A few townhomes s
- Imperial Ave – busy street / Imperial Way small strip of a street
- Main Street dissects the city
- West of Main older homes – first part of city developed
- Closer to Grand – multi-family
- Condos from low $500,000’s. The lowest priced condos are generally in the Pacific Sands condo complex at 770 W Imperial
- SFR from low $900’s up to $2.7M
- Town homes low $700’s to $1.5M
- Lots of remodels
- No standard lot sizes