Everything real estate in El Segundo
El Segundo CA is a small coastal community equally renowned for its quaint, small town atmosphere as well as a thriving business environment that caters to some of the region’s most prestigious corporations. El Segundo is a very popular place to purchase a home due to the small town atmosphere, proximity to the beach, and award winning schools. Some of small town activities include the little league parade, 4th of July community party, shuttle to North Manhattan Beach, Christmas Parade and the El Segundo Farmers market on Thursdays from 3-7 on the 400 block of Main Street. There is also some great craft beer breweries.
- El Segundo Blvd to the south, Imperial Hwy to the north, Sepulveda Blvd to the east and Hyperion water treatment plant to the west.
- Sizes vary. Most average 40-50 ft wide and 130 ft deep
Parks & recreation
- Campus El Segundo Athletic Fields
- Recreation Park
- Acacia Park,
- Candy Cane Park
- Clutters Park
- Constitution Park,
- El Segundo Dog Park
- Freedom Park
- Hilltop Park
- Holly Valley Park
- Independence Park
- Kansas Park
- Library Park,
- Sycamore Park
- Wasthington Park
- Dockwieler State Beach
2019 El Segundo School Ratings (by greatschools.org)
- Center Street Elementary (TK-5) 9/10
- Richmond Elementary (TK-5) 10/10
- El Segundo Middle School 9/10
- El Segundo High School 10/10
Important El Segundo Phone Numbers:
- City Hall 310.524.2300
- Chamber of Commerce 310.322.1220
- Fire Department 310.524.2269
- Police 310.524.2200
- Trash (Consolidated) 800.299.4898
- City of El Segundo Water 310.414.0183
Conveniently located just south of Los Angeles International Airport, adjacent to the Pacific Ocean, and quickly accessible to the 105 and 405 freeways, El Segundo is ideally situated between Los Angeles and the South Bay beach communities.El Segundo prides itself on its excellent schools, quality recreation programs, safe neighborhoods and unparalleled city services. It is also a haven for business, with 13 Fortune 500 companies and a diverse mix of aerospace firms, high-tech businesses, professional service outfits, fine restaurants and retailers.
El Segundo Information and History
- Residents have priority for recreational facilities within the city
- 2nd west coast refinery built for Chevron – City developed for workers of Chevron – 1st refinery was built up north – Name “El Segundo” stands for “the second” refinery Chevron built. Chevron has a park on the northeast corner of the refinery within the ground for employees to enjoy.
- Along Imperial majority are apartments / A few town homes starting to pop up
- Imperial Ave – busy street / Imperial Way small strip of a street – The most common “starter home” type place is Pacific Sands condos which are generally the most affordable housing in El Segundo.
- Two new (as of 2019) housing complexes. First is single family homes at Pacific Landing and second is new construction townhomes at Waypointe El Segundo.
- Main Street dissects the city
- West of Main older homes – first part of city developed
- Closer to Grand – multi-family
- Condos from low 500’s (Imperial)
- SFR from low 800’s up to over $2.0M
- Town homes low $700s to over $1,500,000
- Lots of remodels
- No standard lot sizes
- See also information on the nearby gated communities of 360 South Bay and Fusion South Bay